The mission of the Johnson County Family Crisis Center is to be the expert resource and service provider in eliminating domestic and sexual violence in Johnson County, Texas. It is our belief that healthy relationships are based on respect, trust, support, honesty and accountability. They reinforce our inherent equality as people and empower us to make nonviolent choices. We all have the choice and responsibility to learn and master the skills of healthy relationships.
With over 30 years as a non-profit domestic violence and sexual assault agency, the Johnson County Family Crisis Center provides the following types of services:
A safe place
- We provide crisis intervention/advocacy/support services 24-hours a day during and after the immediate crisis of domestic or sexual violence
- No appointment necessary for immediate face-to-face crisis intervention and advocacy services. Call the 24-hour hotline at 1-800-848-3206 or 817-641-2332 for more information.
- Help remove you and your family from potentially dangerous situations
- Provide hospital, legal, medical accompaniment and advocacy
- We know that empowerment takes times and is a multi-stage process; we are here throughout the process
Information and Referral Services
- Provide access to community resources
- Offer guidance concerning the options available to suit your specific needs
Prevention education and community partnerships
- Help you recognize abuse and violence in relationships
- Provide the community the tools and expertise needed to end the cycle of violence
- Engage community assistance to end domestic and sexual violence
Violence intervention programs
- Help you face the implications of your abusive behavior
- Help you learn the skills you need to make non-violent choices
You can help support the mission and vision of the Family Crisis Center through the following avenues.
- Donations & Gifts
- Calendar of Events